torsdag 16 oktober 2014

Life at Pearson almost two months later.








I remember reading an incredible amount of UWC-blogs during the time I was applying and later waiting for an answer. The main thing, which all of them seemed to have in common, was that they were updated quite rarely. As I still remember my own frustration about this, I feel somewhat guilty about the lack of posts on this blog. In order to be able to catch up, I'll do my best to tell you a little bit more about what has happened since I arrived at Pearson.

The first week was mainly an opportunity to settle in and get to know people. Classes started, as well as activities, student jobs and everything else that is on our schedule. Trust me, it is a lot. On the other hand, most things we do are either very enjoyable or feel meaningful, which helps with keeping the motivation up.

My favorite classes so far are marine science, economics and philosophy. We do have quite a bit of homework to do, but it's all quite manageable. Nevertheless, you will probably find people studying in the library no matter what time of the day/night it is.

We have classes between 8:00 and 14:00, which most days of the week is followed by various activities/meetings/special events. For example, on Mondays I have medical responder-training, followed by choir-rehearsal and then practice with the A cappella-group. On Tuesdays we usually have village meetings/international affairs, which I will explain to you some other time. Wednesdays I have my student job, time to study, wash my clothes and another rehearsal with the singing group. Thursday is fitness-day, meaning that everyone has a fitness-activity after school, in my case, gym workout. Fridays means yoga and then finally some time to breath. If there is not something else going on, which often is the case. Weekends vary from being quite relaxed to being super busy, but usually weekend means sleeping morning, the possibility of going to town and just hang out with people.


It is quite a hectic, exhausting but at the same time very wonderful way of living. This place gives us so many possibilities and there is always something cool going on. I hope to write updates more regularly from now on, in order to give more details and share this experience with you.

The A cappella-group performing a Swedish song at the European Regional Day. 



Field trip to Race Rocks with my marine science-class.

The floating building, where I have marine science- and philosophy class.

Japan House-girls dressed for a Toga party. 
















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar